Uncategorized

A9 CC: The Majestic 21 Emotions

the Majestic emotions

1. Movie – the first event represents him making and writing his film. The reason I picked this color is because he would he work late nights, so I wanted a color that looked tired, and I found a gray type color.
  2. Girlfriend- the second event is about his girlfriend. She also stars in his movie and the color I picked is the same color as a heart and hearts mean love.
  3. Communist-the third event was about when he got convicted of being a communist. The color I picked was gray because he is confused why they were convicting him and maybe scared of what was going to happen next.
  4. Job- the fourth event is when he loses his job or when his contract ends. The color I picked was brown. The reason I choose this color was because he feels horrible and has nothing to do.
  5. Drinking- the fifth event is about when Pete goes to the bar and starts drinking. I used the color dark brown because he’s not solving his problems the right way. And that would be a dark thing for him to do.
  6. Driving- the sixth event is just after he is drinking he is driving. The color I used for this was green. The reason I picked this is because drinking and driving is a horrible thing to do and this green is an awful color.
  7. Crash-  the seventh event is about his car accident. The color I picked shows since he is intoxicated he doesn’t have a clear idea of what is going on. And I think Gray revealed that.
  8. Memory-  the eighth event is when he Pete hits his head on the rock and losses everything about his past life. The reason I used the color white is because it has a blank look and his memory was also blank, and I thought they related in that way.
  9. Town- When Pete shows up in the new town of Lawson, he fitted in and accepted by the people because they think he is Luke. I used orange and the reason I picked it was because orange is a warm color and not too aggressive, and I believe that it matches the acceptance he got.
  10. Father- the tenth event is about an old man who thinks Pete is his lost war hero son. He is wrong they just look alike. The yellow color represents the warm feeling that the father feels cause he thinks he found his son and Pete doesn’t know or remember anything, so he seems like he found his dad too.
  11. Girlfriend- the eleventh event is when Pete and his new dad reopen his movie theater. The color I used was a blue and purple color. The purple color
  12. Theater the eleventh event is when Pete and his new dad reopen his movie theater. The color I used was a blue and purple color. The purple color because its calm and peaceful and it’s nice and relates to how they opened up the theater.
  13. Realization- the thirteenth event is when Luke, who is Pete, realizes that he is not Luke, and he had been lying to them since he arrived. The color I picked is a dark purple. The reason I used this color is because it looks like two colors that don’t match up and that’s like Petes life as Luke.
  14. Death- the fourteenth event is when Lukes father dies, and Pete now know that was not his dad. The color I picked is black. The reason I chose this color is because it’s a very dark color and dark represents bad or horrible and losing a family member is both of those things.
  15. Telling- the fifteenth event is after Lukes father dies and now he has to tell somebody or live a lie in the town. The color I used is brown. The reason I picked this color is because it looks like and awkward and Pete would feel that trying to tell somebody that he is not Luke.
  16. Court- the sixteenth event is when Pete gets two days to show up to court for being a victim of communism. The color I picked is gray the reason I chose this color is because gray is a color that I see when I’m stuck and don’t know what’s going to happen. Where I’m going to go and if that Pete would feel just like that going to something that he never knew that he was doing.
  17. Speaking-   the seventeen event was during the court when Pete was talking and when he went off his plan. The color I picked is an ugly green. The reason I chose it was because if you have all these nice colors (professional people in court), and then there is Pete who stands out and is going out of context and standing out like that green would with other beautiful colors.
  18. Lawson- the eighteenth one is when Pete comes back to Lawson to look after the theater with the two people working there. The color I picked was cause orange is a warm color and being welcomed back into the town would be very heartwarming for him to have a place to be again.
  19. Welcome- the nineteenth event is when he walks into town, and Adel gives him a hug and might welcome him back into her life. The color I picked was a light gray-blue, and I think it shows a calm and home look color.
  20. Married-  the twentieth even is when Adel gets married to Pete. The color I used was the color of a diamond, and I think it fits perfectly.
  21. Baby- the last event is the birth of a baby and the color I used I a baby blue and fit together like a puzzle.

2 comments

1. Hi, Trystan!

I really enjoyed viewing your Paper 53 drawing, and reading your blog post. It is always interesting to see how your own ideas compare to the idea of your peers. This is one of my personal favourite parts of blogging!

Want to know something funny? As soon as I saw your drawing for the first time, it reminded me of the back of a Jelly Belly box. Do you know those? I am not sure if you did that on purpose, but I love it. The layout of your drawing was very visually appealing which was super nice to see.

I also found it cool how you explained why you chose the colours that you did for each emotion. I don’t think I did that in my own project, and reading yours I wish that I did! Again, it was interesting to see your take on what colours were negative vs. positive.

I was just wondering while reading your blog, about the audience that this blog post it to. Not a lot of detail is included about what the event that you are talking about is. If somebody who hasn’t watched The Majestic before were to read your post, would they understand what was happening?

Anyways, I loved reading your post and viewing and interpreting your drawing!
    Bella

2. Hey Trystan,
    Would you ever have believed you would have developed so much content of your own on a blog? I think it’s pretty clear to see how much more comfortable you’re getting developing your ideas and getting them from your head down to the post on your blog. Just imagine how much more easily it will come as you continue on past Grade 9?

I’d like to share with you a few Stars (celebrations) and a few Wishes (suggestions to review)

Some Stars are:
    – I really like how you designed and crafted your colour representation. I like the simplicity of the image and that your colour choices were your own making, not just a green, a red, a blue.
    – I’m impressed to see / read some of the thought that went into those choices, like in event #13 you mention you chose the colour purple because it’s often made from two colours at odds with each other, sort of like the two identified of the main character that are at odds. Very cool connection!
    – I also think your writing is improving. You’re writing more, so you’re getting more comfortable with writing. And you’re using the Grammarly Chrome extension which is just a helpful addition to point out parts of the writing to consider, like word choice or particular spellings.

Some Wishes for you to consider are:
    – to think about adding in an Introduction to this post. This is mostly just a place for you to post and develop your work for our ELA class. But in this format it also makes it a place where other readers can view and read your work and they won’t always understand what the purpose of a post is or what it was intended for. Take this post as an example: a new reader to your blog might see this and see your image but not understand what the writing and image mean to each other. Did you make the image or copy it from somewhere? What movie is it from – are there two by the same name? Adding in an intro few sentences should become habit on your blog. Welcome your reader to each post you write.
    – You’ve included your colour in most of your entries, but a few of them are missing it identified. It’s really helpful to say “I chose purple for this one because…” so that the viewer doesn’t have to scroll up to look again. Maybe read through your entries to see if you included it consistently or maybe missed a few, like #11 & #20.
    – You’ll see, too, that none of your initial sentences have capital letters. Nope – grammarly doesn’t catch that unfortunately!

I’m happy you’re so comfortable working with and developing your projects on this blog. I look forward to seeing how you improve through the tasks as we move from Grade to Grade!!

Ms. Waldner