Uncategorized

A8: CC The Outsiders Ending

The Outsiders

Dally had Buck Merril’s T-bird parked in front of our house, and we hopped into it. I sat tight as Dally roared the car down the street. We were on Tenth when a siren came on behind us and I saw the reflection of the red light flashing in the windshield.

“Look sick,” Dally commanded. “I’ll say I’m taking you to the hospital, which’ll be truth enough.”

I leaned against the cold glass of the window and tried to look sick, which wasn’t too hard, feeling the way I did right then.

The policeman looked disgusted. “All right, buddy, where’s the fire?”

“The kid”— Dally jerked a thumb toward me— “he fell over on his motorcycle and I’m takin’ him to the hospital.”

I groaned, and it wasn’t all fake-out. I guess I looked pretty bad, too, being cut and bruised like I was.

The fuzz changed his tone. “Is he real bad? Do you need an escort?”

“How would I know if he’s bad or not? I ain’t no doc. Yeah, we could use an escort.” And as the policeman got back into his car I heard Dally hiss, “Sucker!”

With the siren ahead of us, we made record time getting to the hospital. All the way there Dally kept talking and talking about something, but I was too dizzy to make most of it out.

Me and darry enter the Hospital.

Hey Johnny how’s it going. he answered in a mumbling voice that me and darry couldn’t understand.

“uhh yes,” darry replied not knowing what he mumbled.

hey johnny we won the rumble. i said maybe that would make him atleast talk to us.

“what’s that gonna do, winning that fight. it makes us no better than them People are still going to see us as the greasers.” said johnny.

your right johney. i’m sorry i can’t stay long we gotta get back to the house i’ll stop by over tomorrow.

“okay” mumbled johney.

“wow Pony Johnny is badly hurt,” said soda.

the boys have just got back from the hospital visiting Johney. Johnny was in really bad shape the doctors said that he might not make it through the month, all she told the boys they can do is support him through this.

“hey pony, we should throw a party for johnny. you know for good luck and all” said Darry.

I don’t know darry what if the cops get called then we will just be into a bigger mess and have more on our plate to deal with. It’s ok Pony it won’t be that big anyways, just for a little bit and plus what else you gonna do tonight watch tv?

In the morning since Johnny has been in the hospital the boys have sent out on greaser to check out how he is doing. It was my turn to go that morning. what I found out was the most horrifying scene i have ever witnessed.

He’s died I said. Trying to shove out words but i couldn’t, also at the same time not trying not to burst into tears.

“What are you talking about pony” said darry.

He’s died I told you he’s died. I knew the party last night wasn’t a good idea. we should have been with him supporting him. remember what the doctor said. That’s all we could do, not throw parties. it’s all our fault, i collapsed thinking of what we have done to our best friend.

“It’s not your fault and it’s none of ours” said darry. who could have done something like this. I collapsed back to the floor once again.

Who would do this kind of thing. Knowing that we all had a good idea that it was the socs.

“If we know who did this why don’t we tell the police.” Said soda.

“Because the anger in them might be because of the rumble and if the police find out about that we will all be in trouble” said darry.

i can only think of one group of people who would do this to us. Its was the socs i said. we killed bob so they just came right back and killed Johnny.

“we had our rumble. i thought no more fighting. what are we gonna do.” said soda.

“there is only one thing we can do soda. i say that we sneak into the socs neighborhood and bring matches, gas, and spray paint. they will be nothing without there pretty cars and houses.” said darry.

I don’t think this is the best idea remember what johnny said.  We will always be greasers and they will always be socs.

“What else are we gonna do about this. They killed johnny we can’t just sit here and watch them keep doing this to us” said darry.

I guess darry but what if we get caught.

“I hope we don’t because it won’t be good if we do things will not be good for us” said darry.

Later that night darry, soda and me sneaked into the socs neighborhood with a wheelbarrow full of gas cans and spray paint. First we started spray painting the side of the houses on the first row of the street and then moved onto the cars. All was going good we were being really quiet.

What about the cars. Darry pulls out his switchblade in his back pocket. Slashing all the cars tires in the driveway. Then skratching a big line down the side panel of the car.

Next we had the gas. We decided on the spot to make a trail around the neighborhood around the houses and in their sheds. The trail around the houses made it so if the socs woke up they couldn’t get out of their yard because they were trapped. And all the garden hoses were in the sheds we are burning down.  

“After this we can’t go back. This is for you johnny.” Whispered darry.

Darry lighted the match. The fire quickly took off. Of the sheds went up in flames and the rings around the houses we lit as well. The parents and kids of the houses were trapped. Not able to get out.

Me, darry and soda soon left after watching the socs try and put out the fires and later finding their cars wrecked so they couldn’t come find who did this to them.

In the morning we woke up and no cops were out side so me and darry thought we were all right.  All day we layed in bed trying to lay low. Soda got bored so he turned on the tv. The news broadcast came on and the top story was the socs neighborhood fire. The news reporter said that they didn’t know who did the crime and why they did it.

“Of course the young socs know exactly who did it and why they did it. But if they told the police they couldn’t tell them why cause they would get charged with first degree murder.” Said soda.

What are we gonna do we can’t just keep fighting back and forth like this. Nobody is getting anywhere or accomplishing anything.

“Why don’t we just call peace between us.” Said soda

“That isn’t that bad of an idea. But they are never gonna wanna talk to us” said darry

We half to do something before they get mad and do something again for what we did to there cars and yards.

“The only guy who i can talk to is randy.” Said darry.

Well darry you should leave soon before they make the next move on us.

Good luck dary. Be safe.

Darry later came back looking how he left so we thought he didn’t get jumped.

“How did it go darry, what did they say.did they threaten us.” Said soda.

“I only talk to randy and he said we also need to stop with the fighting. And agreed that this is getting no where. What we discussed was just if any of us tried to fight they would half to commit to their crime they did either the killing of johnny or the burning of the houses “ Said darry.

So is it over. Do we half to keep fighting like this.

“Yes it is over” siad darry

“So now what what are we gonna do” siad soda

I guesse we just half to live our boring lives.

GOOD COPY

“Yes it is over,” said Darry

“So now what-what are we gonna do,” said soda

Dally had Buck Merril’s T-bird parked in front of our house, and we hopped into it. I sat tight as Dally roared the car down the street. We were on Tenth when a siren came on behind us, and I saw the reflection of the red light flashing in the windshield.

“Look sick,” Dally commanded. “I’ll say I’m taking you to the hospital, which is truth enough.”

“The kid”— Dally jerked a thumb toward me— “he fell over on his motorcycle, and I’m taking him to the hospital.”

I groaned, and it wasn’t all fake-out. I guess I looked pretty bad, too, being cut and bruised as I was.

The fuzz changed his tone. “Is he real sick? Do you need an escort?”

“How would I know if he’s bad or not? I am no doc. Yeah, we could use a guard.” And as the policeman got back into his car I heard Dally hiss, “Sucker!”

Darry and I enter the Hospital.

Hey Johnny how’s it going. He answered in a mumbling voice that Darry and I couldn’t understand.

“Uhh yes,” Darry replied not knowing what he mumbled.

Hey, johnny we won the rumble. I said maybe that would make him least talk to us.

Your right Jhonny. I’m sorry I can’t stay long we have to get back to the house I’ll stop by over tomorrow.

“okay” mumbled Johny.

The boys have just got back from the hospital visiting Johney. Johnny was in awful shape the doctors stated that he might not make it through the month, all she told the boys they can do is support him through this.

“Hey Pony, we should throw a party for johnny. You know for good luck and all” said Darry.

I don’t know Darry what if the cops get called then we will just be into a bigger mess and have more on our plate to deal with. It’s ok Pony it won’t be that big anyways, just for a little bit and plus what else are you gonna do tonight watch tv?

In the morning since Johnny has been in the hospital, the boys have sent out on greaser to check out how he is doing. It was my turn to go that morning. What I found out was the most horrifying scene I have ever witnessed.

He’s died I said. Trying to shove out words but I couldn’t, also at the same time not trying not to burst into tears.

“What are you talking about pony,” said Darry.

He’s died I told you he’s died. I knew the party last night wasn’t a good idea. We should have been with him supporting him. Remember what the doctor said. That’s all we could do, not throw parties. It’s all our fault; I collapsed thinking of what we have done to our best friend.

“It’s not your fault, and it’s none of ours,” said Darry. Who could have done something like this? I collapsed back on the floor once again.

Who would do this kind of thing? Knowing that we all had a good idea that it was the socs.

“If we are aware who did this why don’t we tell the police.” Said soda.

“Because the anger in them might be because of the rumble and if the police find out about that we will all be in trouble” said Darry.

I can only think of one group of people who would do this to us. Its was the socs I said. We killed Bob, so they just came right back and killed Johnny.

“we had our rumble. I thought no more fighting. What are we gonna do.” said soda.

“there is only one thing we can do soda. I say that we sneak into the socs neighborhood and bring matches, gas, and spray paint. they will be nothing without there nice cars and houses.” said Darry.

I don’t think this is the best idea remember what johnny said.  We will always be greasers, and they will always be socs.

“What else are we gonna do about this. They killed johnny we can’t just sit here and watch them keep doing this to us” said Darry.

I guess Darry but what if we get caught.

“I hope we don’t because it won’t be good if we do things will not be good for us,” said Darry.

Later that night Darry, Soda and I sneaked into the socs neighborhood with a wheelbarrow full of gas cans and sprayed paint. First, we started to spray painting the side of the houses on the first row of the street and then moved to the cars. All was going well we were silent.

What about the cars. Darry pulls out his switchblade in his back pocket. Slashing all the cars tires in the driveway. Then scratching a big line down the side panel of the car.

Next, we had the gas. We decided on the spot to make a trail around the neighborhood around the houses and in their sheds. The trail around the houses made it, so if the socs woke up, they couldn’t get out of their yard because they were trapped. And all the garden hoses were in the sheds we are burning down.  

“After this, we can’t go back. This is for your johnny.” Whispered Darry.

I, Darry and Soda soon left after watching the socs try and put out the fires and later finding their cars wrecked so they couldn’t find who did this to them.

In the morning, we woke up, and no cops were out side some and Darry thought we were all right.  All day we lay in bed trying to lay low. Soda got bored, so he turned on the tv. The news broadcast came on, and the top story was the socs neighborhood fire. The news reporter said that they didn’t know who did the crime and why they did it.

“Of course, the young socs know exactly who did it and why they did it. But if they told the police they couldn’t say why cause they would get charged with first-degree murder.” Said soda.

What are we gonna do we can’t just keep fighting back and forth like this? Nobody is getting anywhere or accomplishing anything.

“That isn’t that bad of an idea. But they are never gonna wanna talk to us” said Darry

“The only guy who I can talk to is Randy.” Said Darry.

Well, darry you should leave soon before they make the next move on us.

Good luck day. Be safe.

Darry later came back looking how he left, so we thought he didn’t get jumped.

“How did it go Darry, what did they say.did they threaten us.” Said soda.

“I only talk to Randy, and he said we also need to stop the fighting. And agreed that this is getting nowhere. What we discussed was just if any of us tried to fight they would half to commit to their crime they did either the killing of johnny or the burning of the houses “ Said Darry.

So is it over. Do we half to keep fighting like this?

I guessed we just half to live our boring lives.

1 comment

1. I like that you have your story here and your story is good, but maybe introduce the story. What is the story about? Who is Ponyboy? What was the assignment?